Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"Of Beasts and Prophets" Art Show Opening

Many thanks to all of you who turned out for my first solo art show, "Of Beasts and Prophets."

Amy, Ahna and Chris, the proud set-up team for the show.

I was moved by the outpouring of enthusiasm and energy at the event, by the community of people who came together around the art, engaging with it, and with each other, through the experience.

Good people, good music and bounteous art...What more could a girl ask for?

My greatest reward as an artist is in the act of creating itself, but it feels like a double bonus when the art is seen and strikes a chord within other people, perhaps providing inspiration or catalyzing some new energy in their own lives.

An art-appreciator takes in "Portals V" (a.k.a. "The Door").

Art is so mysterious in this way. When we make it, we never know how it will affect others. We can only strive to be true to ourselves and to the process, and then let go and allow our creations to do their work in the world…

Above: "The Spinx Speaks in Moon Language," acrylic and pastel on canvas.

For those of you who couldn't be present at the opening, I hope you'll enjoy some of the photos from the evening. I'll also be posting a bit of video footage up here in the near future. To see the pieces that were included in the show, please visit my online gallery. To view all of the photos from the evening, please visit my flickr page.

Thanks again to everyone present (in person and in spirit!) for lending support and good energy during this "opening." Viva el arte!

Below: After the crowds depart, Ahna and Amy bust out some interpretive dance moves.



4 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Your show looks fantastic! Seeing them all grouped together must have been a huge thrill. I still love that door!It is my favourite.

Unknown said...

What a nice work Ahnita and what a delightful event.
Let me know when you do it again!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ahna,
When will you post the video, I am eager to see it..

Arts

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful....and congratulations!